I have no idea what this is a picture of, but it seems appropriate. I'm waiting up for 2008 as I write this. I've even got some California Asti in the fridge. Hard to believe another year has slipped away. Not a particularly great year, I have to admit, but not a totally bad year, from my own personal perspective. Funny how even though the rest of the world is a mess, and not likely to improve much no matter who wins the coming elections, still, I'm hanging in there and looking for ways to amuse myself. In fact, 2008 should be a very interesting year for me. I have a lot to do to get ready for the rest of my life. And so I lift my glass to the new year and hope for the best, while standing well off to the side and keeping an eye out for more of the same old foolishness from the folks who brought us 2007, and 2006, and 2005, etc.
Monday, December 31, 2007
Happy New Year!
I have no idea what this is a picture of, but it seems appropriate. I'm waiting up for 2008 as I write this. I've even got some California Asti in the fridge. Hard to believe another year has slipped away. Not a particularly great year, I have to admit, but not a totally bad year, from my own personal perspective. Funny how even though the rest of the world is a mess, and not likely to improve much no matter who wins the coming elections, still, I'm hanging in there and looking for ways to amuse myself. In fact, 2008 should be a very interesting year for me. I have a lot to do to get ready for the rest of my life. And so I lift my glass to the new year and hope for the best, while standing well off to the side and keeping an eye out for more of the same old foolishness from the folks who brought us 2007, and 2006, and 2005, etc.
Labels:
new year
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment