Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Leap Day
I've got an extra day this week, a bonus of time. I've been trying to think what to do with it. But, in fact, I find that I seem to have more and more time these days. It's a strange sensation. I don't know exactly why I feel this way, but as calendar time speeds up, I'm slowing down. I don't seem to be in any hurry to get where I'm going. I'm sure there is some profound psychological explanation for this, something to do with getting older, perhaps. But those who know me well would probably just point out that I've always been lethargic, if not positively lazy. So for leap day I'll probably just do what I always do on my off Fridays, which is not much. And so another leap year squandered. But I really think the whole problem comes from giving us this extra day in February. Who wants an extra day this time of year! Why not in June or July? That's when I could put it to use.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I could definitely find you a project for your extra day, sweetie. Love, your wife
Post a Comment