It's not that I have anything that significant to post, but more that I'm curious to discover just how much trouble it can be. And I have to say, it's a bit of a pain. The main problem is that I'm a pretty good touch typist, and typing on the touchscreen keyboard s not quite the same thing. It's a way different kind of touching. If anything the iPad touchscreen is just a little too touchy. Having said that, if you don't mind learning a new way of typing, it's not too bad.
If I actually had something to say, this might be a better test case. But I'm starting to get the hang of it. The autofill feature can be helpful, but I suspect it's more a hinderance than a typing aid for someone who's used to speedy typing. This raises the question once again, just what is an iPad anyway? It's not really great for word-processing, but you can do it. It's not really a dedicated eReader, but it will do. It's not a great web browser -- no Flash! Still, you can use it for that, and it will serve. It's not a real computer either, and yet in many ways it can serve as a pretty good substitute. So what we have here is a rather expensive toy that's really cool and fun to mess around with even though it's really not very good at doing anything. Wait a minute. I take that back. It's very good for showing your digital photos. Have you tried using the dissolve feature with the slideshow? Very impressive.
So I guess what we have here is a must have toy for the digerati. I know I really like mine. I mean you can actually post something on your blog -- if you're very patient and determined to prove to yourself that this silly thing really is good for something other than way cool slide shows of your trip to the beach.
3 comments:
I was hoping your post would help with my decision to buy/not to buy. However, I am even more confused. Do you feel that it is useful enough to warrant the high dollar price tag? Allen was thinking of getting one to carry on trips in lieu of a laptop for checking email, etc. (no REAL work). Any thoughts?
For checking email, browsing the web, and such things, it's good. I've also found it's good for reading eBooks in a variety of formats. But it is an expensive toy.
But, aren't expensive toys the reward of all these years of hard work? I think so!
Post a Comment