We celebrated boxing day by doing very little, although we did eat a dinner of cold leftover turkey, which I believe is traditional. Now with Christmas past, we're looking forward to some end of year rituals, a little house cleaning, tossing out some of the stuff that has accumulated, shredding papers, and starting a new Lett's pocket diary.
As usually for me, the end of the year and beginning of a new year coincides with another birthday. Each year over the last several I've been telling myself that this will be my last year of employment. But apparently I have been unable to stick to this resolution. So this year, I will say nothing more on that score.
This year, 2009, has been rather ordinary in most ways, except that it seems to have sped by even more rapidly than most. Looking back over the year I can think of few milestones of note, but I know we did have some quiet adventures, a couple of trips to the mountains, a nice trip to the beach. I even had some thankfully uneventful travel for work which took me to Victoria, British Columbia, and to Chicago.
Still, I'm looking forward to 2010, curious to see what it will bring. We've already got the California Asti Spumante on ice, gearing up for our usual new year's eve celebration, which tends to consist of watching old movies on television, and waiting for the Times Square count down. Last year about this time I was pondering living in a world with a bunch of confidence men in charge. This year I'm sure things will get much better. Just look how far we've come.
1 comment:
Glad to read that Boxing Day went well. Happy New Year, Michael.
Post a Comment