Thursday, January 01, 2009
A New Year
Well, 2008 is done, and all in all it wasn't that bad so far as I am concerned. My wife and I are still around and relatively healthy, and we got out of the stock market nearly a year ago. Still, 2009 is not what I expected. My original plan had been to retire tomorrow, but circumstances have changed. So I've lowered my expectations and will wait to see what this new year brings. I have to confess that my job isn't really burdensome; in fact, it has been rather entertaining recently, and the pay, well, let's just say it's more than adequate, so staying employed a while longer in this economy is no hardship. But I have not entirely abandoned my retirement plans, just postponed them for a bit. I'm hopeful that this may yet be a good year for me, my family, and the rest of the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy Birthday! Never mind that I am a few hours late -- it is the thought and all that.
Post a Comment