I'm working on summer time now. This results in that strange paradox that although the days are longer and seem to pass slowly, the season itself rushes by much too swiftly. For some reason, I never seem to have enough time to do everything I have planned. Here it is nearing the end of June, with my first week of summer vacation rapidly approaching, and I haven't done a single one of the things I promised myself I'd get done this summer.
Still, I love this time of year. We've had a few really hot and humid days so far, a couple of Code Orange days, with bad air and free rides on Metrobuses, but not that many. And this weekend has been marvelous. We were able to eat a leisurely lunch at an outdoor cafe and watch the other people, diners and passersby, enjoying a spectacular summer afternoon. It must have been this time of year that inspired the Roman poet to exclaim carpe diem, seize the day!
Well, I'm going to do just that, with as little thought as possible for the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment