Sunday, July 24, 2005
Le Tour
For the last few weeks I've been preoccupied with the Tour de France. I've enjoyed it more this year than in the past because I was able to watch it live on OLN, the outdoor network, as well as follow the daily results online at www.letour.fr. For some reason I've been fascinated with bicycle racing since I bought my first ten-speed bike when I was going to college in Austin, Texas. The gears were almost a necessity for riding on Austin's hills. Now I do most of my riding on a stationary bike at the fitness center, but I still retain a great respect for the riders in long road races. Even those who come in at the back of the peloton are incredible athletes and competitors. I've enjoyed watching Lance Armstrong, but I'm also looking forward to seeing who will emerge to be next year's champion. There were many great riders in the race this year, and I look forward to following them as they prepare for other races and a return to Le Tour de France next July.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment